Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Money, money, money, money..



If you don't do the challenges or do them to her statifaction, you don't get the money.  If you have a bad attitude, you don't get the money..

There are a few shows that I am addicted to.  Reality shows like Kourtney & Kim take New York, design shows on HGTV such as Property Virgins or Income Property...but the biggest ones are probably 'Til Debt Do U$ Part' and "Princess"  hosted by the tough as nails financial guru Gail Vaz-Oxlade.  She helps couples and individual people take control of their finaces and 'move from red to black' and rewards them with cash [to pay down their debt] if they do everything she asks of them.  [Yes, EVERYTHING]

She also works with financially irresponsible  "Princess" type girls who act as though they're entitled to everything under the moon including your wallet.   What I love about her is how she calls bullsh** on the participants when all they do is point fingers, whine or make excuses.  It really makes for entertaining television and really, she's pretty much nothing short of AMAZING!

 Check out Gail's website here!

There are a lot of great things about this website.  Aside from the advise, tips and many, many other things; there are a number of interactive worksheets to help you budget, plan, calculate and 'own up to your debt'.  You can fill them out online and print them off or you can save a copy in excel format.  Theres also a quiz to see if you're a shopaholic!  [which i'm too afraid to fill out..]

To be honest, I use one of her budget sheets daily.  And I have been for the last couple of years.  It's SOOO helpful!  I track my spending religiously.  And it helps me budget and to stay on track.  I don't know how I did it before -- I never used to budget.  Even the concept of creating a budget was so foreign to me.    I use to be the type of person who didn't care where the money went and most of the time it was just going to clothing and bank fees.  However, in the last couple of years, I've definitely become extremely aware of my finances, debt and savings and continously try to be smart with my money.  It is my money after all, shouldn't I know where it's going? So pay off your debt and start saving! Nothing beats Financial Freedom!!


This is where being on a clothing diet really helps.  Clothing, shoes & accessories are my weaknesses.  I love the idea of shopping and having bright shiny new things.  I literally daydream about shopping and cannot wait until the day I can buy something.  I have been browsing website after website mentally stocking a wishlist of items I want to purchase when I am able to.  I CAANNNN'T WAIIIITT!

Until then, I will just have to balance my budget. 

Le sigh..


No comments:

Post a Comment