Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hey! I have a blog!

It all started with someone else's idea. I just decided to follow along..

January 01, 2011 marked the beginning of the end to my unnecessary shopping habits. It also marked the beginning of my journey [or struggle?] with
www.thegreatamericanappareldiet.com/ [TGAAD] and a year without clothing. Actually, to be more precise, it's a year without new clothing. Huh? Say what? Pardon? Yes, yes it's true; I have pledged, promised and sworn up and down that for the entire year of two thousand and eleven, I, Susie Hanna, will not buy any new clothing, shoes or accessories. Eeeee!

At first my challenge started with only a diet against clothing and having the option to purchase shoes and accessories, but as these last couple of weeks went on, I figured, "I have plenty of everything" so why not just add the to the "do not buy list". So that means, no new shoes for me, no pretty rings or necklaces. I can kiss those Tiffany earrings goodbye.. It's alright though, my bank account will speak nothing but kind words to me by the end of this challenge.

I'll give you a little background info: I've joined this online group called "The Great American Apparel Diet" and planned to implement it as my New Years Resolution. If you have never heard of this website before, I highly recommend that you check it out and see if it's the right thing for you! When I began telling people what I was planning to do, they all seemed to have the same reaction. A few examples:

"What? Whyy?"

"Really, you're not going to buy ANY clothes?... for a whole year?!?" and my favorite;

"Hah, yeah right!" [lovely words spoken from my bf.]

Ha, yeah right, is RIGHT!!! I'll show you AND the world that I don't need to shop to have a meaningful and fulfilled life!!!!! I'll take up beading with my spare time, or better yet, soap making! I'll become a world renowned soap making connoisseur and Oprah will want to give me my own network or something. We would call it Soaprah! There, that ought to teach him to second guess me. [just kidding boyfriend, nothing but love!]

SOOooOo Anywayyy...

Rules, there must be rules! While on this diet, I will have to come up with a few rules of my own that will aid me in succeeding at this challenge. Most of the rules that I will be following will come from the lovely Sally & Co. of TGAAD who have already given members a list to live by while on this challenge.

So here are a few rules I will add to my existing list:

If I need something that will benefit my health, then I am permitted to buy it. Granted, I can't buy it unless I actually REALLY need it. Like a new pair of running shoes, golf shoes, yoga pants, etc.


Tailoring of clothing is acceptable, obviously.

I have a few beloved treasures such as: My beautiful bib necklace from Anthropologie, or the gorgeous pair of Orange Lava Hunter rain boots and my lovely winter Mukluks. If any of these coveted items shall perish in any way, I am obligated to purchase new ones. They would want me to.

Also, I will be uploading earlier post from TGAAD so they can all be accesed on this site.

xoxo new blog girl..

No comments:

Post a Comment