Saturday, January 29, 2011

A little bit about my situation

November 29, 2010


Hello Again!


I live in northern Canada in a small Village called Fort Simpson. It maybe, maaybe, houses 1200 people…On a good day (and that’s probably pushing it). My community is on a small island where you can walk end to end in about twenty minutes. It’s fairly traditional with a good majority of the locals being First Nations people and the main economic contributors being the Territorial and Federal Governments.


With all this being said, you can imagine what type of shopping district we have here in town…I’ll give you a hint: It rhymes with Hero…now replace the “H” with a “Z”. The closest thing we have to a clothing store is our own trusty “Northern Store”. It’s the main hub of 2, yes TWO grocery stores. Let me tell you, the type of clothing found in said store is nothing to brag about. Actually, I’m pretty sure the Old Navy changing rooms are bigger than the entire clothing section in this store.


Anyhow, that’s enough background info for the day. Yay for not shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment