Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spend $300 and get $100 off!?! What a deal!... or is it?

Opening the mail yesterday I got the usual: bills; banking stuff; pre-approved credit card applications etc… however, I did not expect to be faced with 100% temptation.  COACH sent me this [ever-so-slightly-evil] promotional deal.  “Our Gift to YOU! Use this $100 card toward your purchase of $300 or more"

EVIL!!!!!

Whaaaaattt?!?! For realsies? Hmm... Well, I do really need a new purse.  I mean, not now, but sometime in my life I will probably need another one so why not get a head of the game? OMG, this MUST be a sign! This is the heavenly purse gods themselves telling me that I need to buy a purse! A $600 purse!!!! And I’ll get $100 off! Yesssss! It’s the deal of the century!  This is totally a one off; I’ll never see this kind of promotion again.  Ever. Everrrrr…!  Aghhh!! I need purse.  Must get purse:

[The $600 Culprit]


Luckily for me, I have a completely normal and rational boyfriend.  He flat out told me “NO, don’t do It.” and something like “What do you need a $600 purse for and $600 is a lot of money for a purse...blah, blah, blah” To which I quietly replied, “But... but I’d love it forever and it would last a lifetime; so the cost per wear would be incredibly low.” As I said those words, I realized that even I couldn’t convince myself that this was true.  I know I don’t need it; I probably wouldn’t even use it that often.  More so, I would most likely lose it, or have someone steal it from me.  

So if you’re interested, have I got a deal for you! If you want this $100 off $300’s spent, message me and I’ll give it to you for $50 bucks.  Don’t worry; you’re still getting a GREAT DEAL!!

What’s the moral of the story? Spending $300 to get $100 off is NOT a deal. You’re NOT saving money and you’re still spending $200 [or more] to get that so-called “deal”.  Common sense can be so difficult sometimes...

xoxo $ixHundredDollar purse girl.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha...I love you too Jen!! PS-I like your idea about stealing Dan's sweaters and re-purposing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great read, however I am ignoring that last paragraph, it is against my religion

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..so does that mean you want to by my $100 gift card off me then? For you, 10 Baht.

    ReplyDelete